Monday 20 February 2012

Time for a bit of nostalgia...

I first visited Woburn Safari Park in 2002, they held a rather elderly pride of lions, headed by two Woburn born males Romeo and Legs Diamond, both of which died in November 2002 (Romeo) and January 2003 (Legs) which left the pride with no pride leaders, it was when Sly and Shane came in later that year. Ofcourse from that pride came more and more cubs, the eldest of which Riziki and Karla reside at Linton.

So this is where the entire line of lions at Linton is descended from (aswell as a few other groups in the country for example Africa Alive! and Colchester Zoo) I find looking at these pictures interesting, keeping an eye open for characteristics that have stuck into their descendants.

So here are a few pictures that I have from then, Ten years on.






As soon as I get my printer working I will scan on a few others that I have, but for now here are the ones that I have.






No comments:

Post a Comment